Two-Leg Wire Rope Sling Heavy-Duty Thimble-to-Thimble1-1/2″ Oblong Master Link
Wire Rope Slings
The wire rope sling is not quite as durable. The wire rope sling is not as flexible as chain but its greater stiffness can be an advantage if it has to be inserted through a small opening or beneath a load. However, when wrapped around a load, the wire rope sling often tends to deform permanently to the shape of the load. Wire rope suitable for slings comes in a variety of grades and constructions. In most cases looping back and securing the loop with a metal sleeve terminates the rope. This forms a loop or soft eye, the simplest form of sling end. Thimbles are used to support and protect the eye from abrasion. Wire rope is generally cheaper and lighter than chain which can be a plus, particularly for applications that require long sling lengths.
- FLEMISH LOOP ENDS – Bridle eye openings are available for lifts with multiple pick-points and connectors being used for multiple rigging projects.
- FLEMISH EYE SPLICED SWAGING – The sling ends are mechanically formed allowing for larger load capacities. Loops are secured with a forged metal sleeve over the spliced area along with heavy-duty thimbles to protect the ends of the sling.
- DOUBLE TAGGED FOR SAFETY – Two tags are used on HSI slings to identify WLL (Working Load Limits). Riggers can reference critical information for safe sling application and OSHA compliance.
- GREATER WEAR RESISTANCE – A 6 x 25 IWRC (Independent Wire Rope Core) classification for wire rope slings offer large outer wires that provide a balance between fatigue and wear resistance.
- CHINA MADE RIGGING – LKS is proud to be the industry-leading CHINA based manufacturer of hoisting solutions for industrial construction and building projects since 1976. All slings are manufactured in a certified ISO 9001: 2015 facility.
|Load Capacity||34000.00 pounds|
|Color||Flemish Loop Ends|
Specification for this product family
When looking for strength and durability on that next big rigging job, look no further than our array of LKS Wire Rope Slings. A wide-variety of sizes and styles are available whether working on a small-load lift or preparing to maneuver a massively heavy element. Our slings are there to solve your hoisting, lifting and towing problems.
LKS slings are assembled in an ISO 9001:2015 certified facility where quality, safety and efficiency are priority. Audits are conducted every year by an independent third-party to ensure manufacturer compliance with the set standards.
Two leg slings are multi-purposed and designed for lifts where the attachments may be made directly to the load. This would include situations such as hooking into lifting eyes of placing loops over lugs. Each eye on these slings is formed using the mechanical Flemish Eye Splice. This process allows for the most efficient use of the rope capacity with top-quality steel as the pull is directly along the centerline of the rope and eye.
- Wire Rope Diameter – 1 In.
- Terminal Fittings – Flemish Loop Ends
- Sling Legs – 2
- Sling Length – 5-Feet
- 60-Degree Basket Rated Capacity – 17 Ton
- 45-Degree Basket Rated Capacity – 14 Ton
- 30-Degree Basket Rated Capacity – 9.8 Ton
Alloy Oblong Master Link Specs:
- Diameter – 1-1/2 Inch
- Weight – 18.6 Pounds
- Opening Width – 5.9 Inches
- Opening Length – 10.50 Inches
- OSHA: Sling Safety, Title 29 Code of Federal Regulations, Part 1910.184
- ISO 8792:1986, Wire Rope Slings — Safety criteria and inspection procedures for use
- ISO 7531:1987, Wire rope slings for general purposes — Characteristics and specifications
- ASME B30.9-2018 Standards for Slings
Wire rope slings are extremely strong and an excellent choice for heavy duty jobs involving not only lifting, but also hoisting, towing, or anchoring loads. The fabrication of wire slings also offers excellent abrasion-resistance and heat resistance so it can be used in extreme conditions and temperatures. Its pliable design can conform to the shape of a load for a more secure application.